Thess.climateschools is a two-year project aiming to raise awareness of the schooling community on climate change and the effects of energy consumption.
The aim of the educational program “Schools Protect the Climate” is to sensitize the whole school community about the issue of climate change and the necessity of energy saving. Teachers and students will study the issue of climate change and energy transition, and will develop practices for energy saving at the school building. Moreover, the school community is expected to become aware and to change behaviour concerning energy consumption as to ultimately decrease the ecological footprint of the school. At the same time, the program aims at activating the municipalities to take action for upgrading the energy efficiency of the school buildings and thus save resources.
The program is implemented in the school years 2019/20 and 2020/21 in primary and secondary schools, in the area of Thessaloniki/Greece
The target group consists of student, teachers, parents, and the citizens of the schools’ neighborhoods
- Environmental education on climate change
- Non formal educational workshops
- Measurements of energy consumption in the schools building
- School campaign to raise awareness about climate change and the importance of energy consumption reduction
The program is implemented in the school years 2019/20 and 2020/21
- Environmental Education Centre of Eleftherio Kordelio & Vertiskos
- ANTIGONE – Information and Documentation Center on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non Violence
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Thessaloniki Office, Greece
- and the participation of the Environmental Education Officers of Primary and Secondary Education Directorates of Thessaloniki.
Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Thessaloniki Office, Greece