20th National Round Table against discrimination – : “THE MULTIPLE ASPECTS OF THE MULTIFORM PHENOMENON OF SOCIAL INTEGRATION OF REFUGEES AND ASYLUM APPLICANTS: THE HEALTH AND HOUSING DIMENSIONS” (20th NIEM Coalition Meeting)
The event will take place on Monday, December 13, 2021 at 7 p.m. online on the Zoom platform.
The link of the meeting is:
Meeting ID: 871 8807 7871
WORK SCHEDULE :
First Unit (19.00 – 20.30)
-Short wishes for the 20 years of the institution of the Round Table by the actor of the State Theater of Northern Greece (KTHBE) Mr. Spyros Sarafianos.
-Short greeting from Mr. Michalis Tremopoulos, Vice President of “ANTIGONE”, municipal councilor of Thessaloniki and former MEP.
“OVERVIEW OF ACCESS ISSUES OF REFUGEES AND ASYLUM APPLICANTS TO HEALTH PRODUCT IN CONDITIONS OF HEALTH CRISIS”
[Coordinated by Mr. Dimitris Angelidis, journalist of the “Efimerida Syntakton (Journal of Journalists” specializing in refugee reporting].
1) “Comparative overview of the Social Inclusion Index between the countries participating in the NIEM Program: convergences / differences, similarities / differences” (speaker: lawyer Ms Vasso Karzi, author of the NIEM National Report).
2) “” COVID-19 pandemic and the law of reverse health care: the case of refugees and asylum seekers in Greece “” (Speaker: Mr. Elias Kondylis, Associate Professor of Political Health at AUTh).
3) “Experience from medical care and intervention in the field of action” (speaker: Ms Christianna Mourouzi, Head of Humanitarian Relations of the Greek Department of Médecins Sans Frontières).
4) “The role of mental health professionals in the treatment of refugees” (speaker: Ms. Evdokia Lagakou, School Psychologist in the Service of Children and Adolescents, Community Mental Health Center Vyronas-Kaisariani, 1st Psychiatric Clinic of the EKPA University, School of Medicine).
Second Unit (20.30 – 21.30)
“DESCRIPTION OF THE LIVING CONDITIONS OF REFUGEES AND ASYLUM SEEKERS IN RELATION TO SOCIAL INCLUSION AND THE RIGHT OF ACCESS TO HOUSING UNDER CONDITIONS OF HEALTH CRISIS “
[Coordinated by the journalist Mr. Pavlos Nerantzis, coordinator of the “Charter of Eidomeni” Network)
1) “The concept of social integration of refugees and asylum seekers in the light of intercultural approaches and attitudes” (speaker: Ms. Mina Marougka, Associate of A ‘Psychiatric Clinic in Aeginiteio, MSc in Social Anthropology & MSc in Counseling).
2) “Geographies of precariousness: hospitality and isolation of asylum seekers in Athens” (speaker: Mr. George Kandilis, Social Geographer and Researcher of EKKE – National Center for Social Research).
3) “The scientific and empirical challenge for an optimal hospitality of refugees in the structures of minors” (speaker: Mr. Chrysovalantis Papathanassiou, Doctor of Social Psychology of the University of Aix-Marseille – MSc Health Sociologist, EHESS Paris – former President of the National Center for Social Solidarity [EKKA]).
4) “UNHCR notes on the living conditions of asylum seekers and refugees in Lesvos island under pandemic conditions in relation with their social inclusion” (Speaker: Ms Panagiota – Toulina Demeli, Assistance and Protection Officer of UNHCR for Lesvos island).