Artability+ is a three-year project aiming to empower persons with disabilities and increase their self-confidence through their participation in workshops on artistic techniques, creation and guiding of an art exhibition.
To offer training opportunities that allow adults with disabilities improve their social participation/inclusion through the generation/creation of artistic expressions and/or the consumption of culture in normalized environments.
- To design and develop a training curriculum focused on the teaching/learning of artistic techniques and that contemplates the introduction of transversal contents focused in the promotion of the autonomy of people with disabilities.
- To implement the training experience of the curriculum designed with an average of 12 people participant by country, and that these go from being students to trainers of own experience.
- To achieve the transit of participation by people with disabilities from different specific environments to normalized environments.
Project activities will involve at least 12 people with disability per country from 4 participating countries
- Interactive workshops on artistic techniques;
- Training on artistic techniques of the participants of the partner countries;
- Workshop on how to create an exhibition;
- Workshop on how to guide an exhibition;
- Creation of downloadable application on artistic techniques
The project will run for 3 years starting from September 2019.
COGAMI – Galician Confederation of People with Disabilities (Spain) – Coordinator
ANTIGONE – Information and Documentation Centre on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non-Violence (Greece)
ATA – Asociata De Tineri Din Ardeal (Romania)
VRC – Valakupiai Rehabilitation Centre (Lithuania)