MICRON! Managing Issues of Controversy by human Rights educatiON!
MICRON! project aims to contribute to the development of an inclusive school community that will be tolerant to diversity and will function under human rights principles and scope. It involves a series of activities in the field of education in order to engage educational stakeholders in promoting democratic and peace education in local communities of 5 different regions (Thessaloniki, Ioannina, Achaia, Heraklion and Lesvos).
Download file - "MICRON - Managing Controversy" in Greek" - (EL pdf 3.28 Mb)
- To sensitize the educational community towards democratic citizenship and human rights education principles
- To motivate and support the educational community to take action towards democratic citizenship and human rights education through the implementation of educational programs on handling controversy
- To promote the alteration of the educational policy towards democratic citizenship and human rights education
- Educational policy makers
- School directors
- Parents' associations
- Translation, printing and dissemination of the professional development pack “Managing Controversy Developing a Strategy for Handling Controversy and Teaching Controversial Issues in Schools”
- Realization of two circles of educational workshops in 5 different regions (Thessaloniki, Ioannina, Achaia, Heraklion, Lesvos) with the aim to motivate participant schools design and implement educational programs for handling controversy
- Realization of the Final Project Conference in Thessaloniki to inspire the whole community towards the promotion of citizenship and human rights education
September 2018 – March 2019
“MICRON! Managing Issues of Controversy by Human Rights EducatiON” is a project funded by the European Union/Council of Europe Joint Programme “Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation (DISCO)”.